NSSL Newsletter - September 2019
New Staff Member
NSSL would like to Welcome Christina Kelly to our Team. Christina has been appointed as the Service Department Co-Ordinator.
Security Awarness Training
Empower employees to detect, avoid, and report information security risks, breaches, and phishing attacks targeting your organization
M2A Integrated Security, Email Continuity & Archiving
Get Targeted Threat Protection, Archiving And Continuity – All In An Integrated Service.
Mimecast extends traditional gateway security to defend against malicious links in email, weaponized attachments and malware-less social-engineering attacks, often called whaling. An independent archive makes key information rapidly accessible to employees and administrators. Sensitive information is safeguarded with content control and content blocking. And in the event of on-premise or cloud service email outages, Mimecast Continuity keeps employees productive – right from everyday applications and devices they use every day.
Find out why Mimecast is the leading provider of essential cloud services for Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange.
Cyber Security Update
What is the Risk
The current form of phishing attack is an email attachment (normally PDF or web link) that dupes the user into revealing their credentials by presenting a fake Microsoft page
Avoid the Risk
Enhance security on Microsoft Office 365
- Implement Two Factor Authentication (2FA) on Office 365 accounts, 2FA adds an additional layer of security to the username & Password on your O365 account.
- Lock / disable email web access. Limit email access to authorised systems.
Limit access by location i.e. email can only be accessed from within the Credit Union building.
Any of the options above will require configuration and training for each user and may have an impact on the user experience. Security Awareness Training.
- Implement ongoing and monitored cyber threat user awareness training. The nature and type of cyber threats are constantly evolving. Awareness training for all staff is an important tool in the defence against cyber-crime.
- Interactive awareness training will build up a risk profile and identify areas / staff that may require further training.
- Install an additional email scanning service.
- Installing an email scanning service from FireEye or Mimecast provides an additional layer of support against email and phishing threats.
Who to Contact
Please contact us to discuss implementation of the above options and to discuss any other concerns you may have regarding IT Security